How can we improve the NC entrepreneurial ecosystem?

Create a crowdscourcing/crowdfunding website dedicated to StartupNC

Create a crowdscourcing/crowdfunding website dedicated to StartupNC

100 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Joe MercierJoe Mercier shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Steve ReaserSteve Reaser commented  · 

We have a crowdfunding platform that is live today; we are current working within existing law to assist issuers in crowdfunding registered offerings (for example: http://courinvestor.com is one of our clients). When other types of crowdfunding become legal we will be ready to support them. (Since we're live now serving actual customers our platform will advance significantly by the time the JOBS act goes into effect.)

We'd be happy to have StartupNC use our technology and can discuss white-label or other options -- I'm the CEO and I live in Raleigh so I'm up for anything that helps the NC ecosystem.

Let me know if I can help!

• JFigPhotoDesignsJFigPhotoDesigns commented  · 

Hey Guys, Its JFigPhotoDesigns and if you are looking for a custom Crowd Funding website design or platform, or need an upgrade on your existing Crowd Funding website or creating a brand or logo design for your Crowd Funding business, JFigPhotoDesigns Crowd Funding website designs and developments can help you achieve this. New exciting website design template themes and concepts are happening here in New York City none stop especially for Crowd Funding. We have been working around the clock to upgrade not only our website services but the quality of them as well including Crowd Funding platforms or Crowd Funding website project site's. We now offer the newest HMTL5 Websites, WordPress.org Themes, CSS Website Themes, Flash Web Themes and well as Custom Website Theme Designing as options for you Crowd Funding website by simply Hand Coding your custom website. Please visit my website to see my two example crowd funding platforms which are both set to launch in October.

We have already created a Crowd Funding website platform and plan to create a Crowd Funding website that will be just as good or even better because of the simplicity of the newest HTML5 capabilities. We offer rental of a theme as well as full theme purchasing. For more information please contact us for a FREE quote!

http://www.jfigphotodesigns.info

• JeffJeff commented  · 

Great idea preston. We need to make things easier for small businesses.

• marylee mokrismarylee mokris commented  · 

i agree with preston. sounds like a great idea and good for north carolina small business

• Rob TaylorRob Taylor commented  · 

Sure ... maybe you could consider creating a StartupNC white-label (of sorts) portal so that the local branding comes through a trusted source (Free marketing), and test out the platform model as a platform model instead ... and use it to build a relationship with the greater StartupAmerica organization for nationwide adoption/growth. Just me thinking outloud, sorry to interject into your business model :)

• Preston MokrisPreston Mokris commented  · 

Rob, this is a very valid point. However, I am a true believer of testing an idea in a small area, say The Triangle, and then expanding from there. If we can prove the concept works for North Carolina and we can provide a true resource for the entrepreneurs, then we should expand.

• Rob TaylorRob Taylor commented  · 

I think this is great, but can also, likely more easily, be accomplished via 1 single entity as the global platform, and allowing the more regional startup oriented support groups to get access to a regional portal that just filters based on location. This would most likely get better national backing and provide incentive for local groups to participate because they could participate in the ecosystem. Otherwise, you have to re-create enthusiasm/support/buy-in every time you re-spawn.

The number of "me-too" startup organizations is already becoming hard to keep track of, and thus becoming noise to many people.

• Preston MokrisPreston Mokris commented  · 

Mital, a group of us are creating a funding platform for the Triangle called Fund The Triangle. (www.FundTheTriangle.com) This will be expanded next to FundCharlotte.com and then across North Carolina all under one roof of Fund North Carolina. I think this is a great realistic idea and would help stimulate growth in all businesses and projects across North Carolina. The site will be a resource for fellow entrepreneurs to learn about funding, find local resources, help connect companies to use each others resources and get funding through our crowdfunding platform. If crowdfunding isn't the best route for the companies, we will help you find the route you need to get the capital you need. We should be launching in The Triangle in October and expanding soon. We would love any input from our fellow entrepreneurs on resources they would like us to provide.

• mitalpatelmitalpatel commented  · 

How would you propose this take shape?

Feedback and Knowledge Base